Measure Your Space
A good kitchen design begins with having accurate measurements. You will first want to decide what you need, what you want, and what existing items you would like to incorporate into your new kitchen. By drawing a preliminary room outline and floor plan, you will help others understand your ideas. Do not worry, your drawings do not have to be works of art – just clear, simple sketches.
How to Measure Your Kitchen
Our Measuring Guide will help you to begin scoping your project. It will also help us to provide you with a preliminary estimate. New Start Kitchens will always professionally measure your space before finalizing your design and ordering your cabinetry, so remember the Measuring Guide is for estimate purposes only.
Full overlay door panel, 3/4″ think door panel
4 to 6-way adjustable European hidden metal hinges (shown optional soft-close hinges available)
Adjustable, 3/4 shelf, 5/8″ thick cabinet-grade plywood, metal shelf rest
Dovetail drawer, 1/2″ thick solid wood sides
Full extension, under-mounted, soft-close, steel concealed drawer glides
1/2″ thick cabinet grade plywood box
Metal bracket reinforcements for base cabinets
- The finest maple wood is sanded until smooth and vacuumed.
- An equalizer stain is applied to balance the base colour of the wood.
- A toner is then applied to establish colour uniformity.
- A deep penetrating stain is then applied to reveal the hidden beauty of the natural grain.
- All stained surfaces are then hand-rubbed and wiped of excess stain, and then slowly air-dried.
- A wood sealer is then applied, penetrating all exposed wood surfaces for uniform protection.
- All surfaces are then hand-sanded, providing a smooth and consistent surface.
- A glaze is applied by hand (if applicable).
- A colour consistency examination is performed with additional touch-up if needed.
- A final protective top coat is applied, maximizing resistance to scuffing, moisture, fading and most household chemicals.
10 x 10 Kitchen
A 10’x10′ kitchen is a standard kitchen in size and it is a total of 20 feet of wall space. 10’x10′ pricing is a common method retailers use to help customers estimate pricing. The actual cabinet order for your layout may be more or less, based on your specifications, overall size and cabinet options selection.
What comes in our 10′ x 10′ kitchen?
Our 10′ x 10′ Kitchen includes:
- BASE CABINET 15″ (B15 – QTY 1)
- BASE CORNER LAZY SUSAN 36″ (LS36 – QTY 1)
- BASE CABINET SINK 36″ (SB36 – QTY 1)
- BASE CABINET 21″ (B21 – QTY 1)
- WALL CABINET 36″ X 30″ (W3630 – QTY 1)
- WALL CORNER CABINET 24″ X 30″ (WDC2430 – QTY 1)
- WALL CABINET 12″ X 30″ (W1230 – QTY 1)
- WALL CABINET 30″ X 12″ (W3012 – QTY 1)
- WALL CABINET 15″ X 30″ (W1530 – QTY 1)
- WALL CABINET 36″ X 15″ (W3615 – QTY 1)
- TOE-KICK 96″ X 4-1/2″ X 1/4″ (TK8 – QTY 2)